All students and their families are required to follow the safety procedures listed below in order to participate in the belt test. This is an extraordinary time and we feel we need to use the utmost caution in how we run this test to insure the safety of students, staff and their families. There are members of our community and/or people in their homes who are in high-risk categories for COVID-19. These procedures are compassionate measures to protect our most vulnerable community members.
We recognize that some families may have a difference of opinion regarding how strict these policies should be. With such poor direction coming from the government, we are left choosing to err on the side of caution (our training is in martial arts instruction, not epidemiology!). Most in our community are supportive of these measures, so please be respectful of the concerns and humanity of others.
Testing Safety Policies:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your child’s testing time. Before you park, pull up to the curb in front of the school to check in. A staff member will confirm your arrival and give you instructions. Expect to wait in your car for a few minutes after parking. Please do NOT approach the school on foot until you are told to do so by a staff member.
- Students should be dressed in full uniform (with school patch) before entering the school.
- Only one parent will be allowed inside the school per child, no exceptions. Occupancy is strictly limited by law. Remaining family will have to watch from one of the marked viewing areas outside. Please limit yourself to three people per group outside (so that everyone can see while maintain appropriate distancing) and expect to be standing while you watch. We recommend masks for those watching from outside.
- Anyone entering the school is required to wear a mask that covers both nose and mouth at all times. If you have concerns about your child wearing a mask during a belt test, it may help to know that the test will be very short compared to normal tests and much less physically demanding (except for the pushups). Please let your child know well in advance about this requirement and encourage them to practice a bit with a mask on to get used to it.
- Anyone entering the school will get a squirt of hand sanitizer as they enter and as they leave.
- Anyone entering the school will have their temperature taken and be given an olfactory screening. They will also answer a short wellness questionnaire.
- Please have everyone use the restroom before coming to the school. The school bathroom will not be available.
- Belts will be presented at the end of your child’s test.
Please use the form below to register your child. If you wish to make an additional donation to support our school staying open, our instructors receiving their full salaries and funding our scholarship for students impacted by the economic downturn, please include your donation below.